Monday, May 23, 2011

Liquid Sunshine Online: Photo pics and tips

So yesterday I was taking pictures for my Etsy store and I was being lazy.

I didn't wish to accumulate all my block and draw it away for pics.

I knew better, but since I just had two outfits, I thinking I could scarcely do it within and bid it well enough.

I convinced myself that my semi-sunny window was expert enough and snapped the pics.


And started editing them
.
.
.
.
And I knew they were horrible.

Color was OFF
Color correcting was looking awful and fakey
and they were lame photos.

And since I can just sell my products by photos (instead of beholding the tangible product, since I sell completely online) I know photos are IMPORTANT.
In fact, when it comes to selling, I'd say they are initially more significant than product.
Initially.
Product quality is finally the most important. but I digress.

So, anyway, I did a little collage and precious to render you what I'm talking about.

The BEFORE pics are the inside pics, edited and sounding the better I can give them.
The Later are also edited, but very minimally.
They depend almost perfect straight from the camera, and that is a bit of bliss right there.

Picnik collage Liquid Sunshine Online: Photo pics and tips

The Befores have that funky background off-white reddish/yellowish color that no number of temp adjustment can fix. I tried. AND the colour on the trunks and shirt are WAY off from my attempts to get the ground back to white. Notice how the doll's arms look pasty? That's not even fixable with counterpoint and saturation.

The Afters have been boosted in clear and line to commit the ground farther back, but other than that, they are as they came off the camera.

Pretty amazing what natural light can do.

So if you don't get a fancy light box set up (I don't),
and you need to get a best luck at marketing your production with your point-and-shoot bare bones camera keep in mind these tips:

Keep background neutral (black or white.but black is crafty and inevitably its own post)

Use Natural light! OUTSIDE but not direct sun.

If you own a photo program, boost the light a bit and contrast till it pops.
If you don't make a photo program, Picnik.com is AMAZING. (I use it merely as often as my photoshop elements.)

I trust my little tips will serve you if you are lacking to trade online.
It is an awful job to have!!


No comments:

Post a Comment