Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Farewell, Liquid HuK

There's simply no way to break the blow. HuK is no longer a voice of Liquid. With his Liquid contract expiring soon, he has decided to contract with team Evil Geniuses. The end of his contract has been bought out by Evil Geniuses, and HuK is an EG player as of today.

One year ago, HuK came to Liquid as one of the most promising players in this scene.

Even now, I see in him the heat and strength that drew me to him to start with. During the preceding year, I've watched and guided HuK as this desire transformed him from a serious player into a large player, and in the work I've had the favor of getting to recognize a truly special person.

As a long time veteran of the pro-gaming industry, I can say for a fact that Huk is one of the hardest working pro-gamers in the total world. Just recently, when he came to remain at my house for a few years following a disappointing loss in Helsinki, he decided to make for the NA Battle.net invitational in an unusual way: By getting #1 on EU ladder in 3 days. Though that was a tall order for yet a player like HuK, he gave it his all and managed to flow for 32 hours in that three day period.

He isn't exactly a hard worker. Anyone who knows him will show that he is a dear acquaintance with his eye in the good place. The dark before Jinro's important match against MarineKing, HuK stayed up all night nudging MC every sentence he found his teeth (a sleeping habit of his) so that Jinro could get a full night's rest. Now that he is leaving, he has embarked on lengthy shopping spree to ensure that everyone who's helped him in the final year receives a gift. And piece it hasn't always been slow to play with HuK, you would be hard pressed to get a more honorable person. He might disagree with you more frequently than you'd like, but he's always passing to distinguish it just the way he sees it.

The final few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a host of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of involvement in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offering that we felt would match any other offer that we thought could be made. To the utmost extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to remain very much. He loved being a portion of Liquid, and was willing to continue with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the extend that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making certain they received his signature. Huk was set at a hamlet that could regulate the remainder of his life and made the prize that he thought was better for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best actor and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.

I give to be perfectly honest here. As person who is losing a player, I cannot say I liked his decision, nor can I deny that I find some bitterness. And though this move hurts me greatly, I'm still happy for HuK. As an excellent pro-gamer and a big guy, HuK deserves the fruits of his labor.

Despite HuK's departure, I nonetheless find that Swimming is in avery good position. Sheth and Hero are two large additions, TLO is getting back in shape, and Ret is doing amazing. We are even the team that has won numerous trophies, had the better success of any foreign team in the proving grounds of Korea, and is one of the most respected in the world. Though HuK will be missed, we're looking forward to demonstrating our skill as a squad to everyone in the upcoming GCPL, where we will proceed to give ourselves to the highest standards.

Good luck, Chris. Wherever you may go, please observe your hope to be great.

- Liquid`Nazgul


Everyone knows that Nazgul and Liquid treat their players extremely well, and HuK was sure no exception. We at EG want to publicly recognize and acclaim the instrumental role Liquid has played in the advance of HuK's career up to this point. While EG and Liquid players have intense rivalries, and our teams compete fiercely, the two companies have ever had a mutually respectful relationship on the management level - hence EG purchasing the end of HuK's expiring Liquid contract. But at the end of the day, EG has two continual obligations: to field the best team that we possibly can, and to support professional gamers as good as we possibly can. In signing HuK, we're fulfilling both of those obligations, and I don't mean that either needs to be apologized for.

I see that this announcement will be disconcerting to lots of the TL community. I'm very well aware that Liquid fans don't run to be the biggest EG fans. But I would wish to asking that, regardless of how you look about EG, you please don't think differently about HuK because of this change - as you can see, his former teammates and direction at Liquid certainly don't. I'm sure some of you may recollect that you'll never be capable to see EG.HuK the saame way you saw Liquid`HuK. But, before you start to any conclusions, please, just make it a try. He's still HuK. And later all, the conception of him, IdrA, and PuMa competing together in Korea should spark at least a small bit of scheme in even the most fervent of EG anti-fans.

- Alexander Garfield



Chris, over the class that we've lived together, you've become one of the mass I desire and honor the most. I've learned a lot about both SC and living in this time, and the oGs-TL house will be a lot emptier without you. I love you will proceed to do well wherever you are, and for whomever you play.
- Liquid`Jinro



Chris, you have been such a thoroughgoing friend ever since you joined. We've had so much fun. I'm seriously gonna miss sharing rooms with you at events. The sentence we had in Korea was so much more enjoyable because you were there.

We will yet be friends and I desire to see you as much as possible. I want you the better of chance in your new team and I trust you keep succeeding.
- Liquid`HayprO



Huk, neither of us knew what to ask when you joined Liquid. You were known for existence a bit bad mannered and arrogant, and we were known as a strict team that cared a lot about reputation. But afterwards we all met for the start time at MLG Dallas, it became clear that everything was leaving to bring out great.

You ground out that we were regular guys with a smell of humor, and that being a member of Liquid didn't think you couldn't be yourself. And the relief of us found that your trust and honesty were things we appreciated. You became one of my best friends in the scene, always there when I wanted your belief or needed someone to aid me out.

It will get a lot quieter in Liquid now without you. You brought so much energy to the squad and helped everyone express themselves better. Jonathan, Hayder and I definitely became more outgoing over time, and we get to thank you in office for that.

Sometimes you were a trouble in the ass to cope with but you were also an inspiration, always working hard and never losing mass of your goals. Even though you're totally serious about your career, you still always care to put smiles on the faces everyone about you. I will lose you a lot and wishing you the better of fortune on EG, though for me, you'll always remain a section of our family. I am proud of you, and I trust we all stay good friends no matter what!
- Liquid`TLO



Dear friends,


I've thought a lot about how I should write this but have decided to simply put it all out there and desire for the best. For others this might not look like much but to me it's a fairly big step because of a lot of things I've been done in living that hold it very tough for me to give up to people, even more so in public. But I believe that both the community and the team deserve it. So I promise you guys enjoy reading this ^^;.

Liquid is everything you could ask for in a team. From a professional/business standpoint they surpass all expectations and promises. On a personal level it is so much more than that, as hard as it might be to imagine. I haven't been dwelling in over 8 months to see family or friends because of my "job/career" but my family away from home has made it worth it and I couldn't imagine being able to do that with any other team. As I sit here and publish this at the airport I give to literally stop to go back tears, sniffling and thought about what I'm leaving. Every single member of Team Liquid is one of the kindest, most considerate, nicest people I have met in my life.

I hate lying and fakeness, and in a man wide of those, every individual member of Team Liquid is one of the most honest, genuine, and very people I get always met. Good or bad I look like I've known my teammates for days only because we've ever been so easy and fun with each other since day one. Every waking moment when we were together, I felt like I had gotten closer to all my teammates.

Tyler, I think staying up later than we should have joking and giggling like two little school girls at Assembly, then playing horribly the following day because of it. I trust you didn't sleep at all haha ;. You really shouldtry to love life and appreciate everything more. Fight for what you enjoy and no
matter what, you will ever make people about you who will be there for you wish your beautiful wife Lindsay. Even though it was actually only language of encouragement, I'm very glad you were there at DreamHack to speak to me between games and I won't leave it.

Hayder, I overlook your jokes, pranks, and quirks in Korea; it actually isn't the like without you. Everyday is significantly more dull and less fun because your not there; and me and Jon's happiness suffer slightly because of it. I would fain accept you support and hold the additional 5 minutes every sentence we went to the corner store for you to reflect what you were passing to get when we all knew you were passing to end up getting the like thing anyways. So many people actually don't realize exactly how big of a soul you are. Just get out there and be yourself, get mad and you'll enjoy everything so much more.

Jos, although you appear to fall off more of a "cool" non-emotional guy I've learned you're actually really fresh and loving. Thinking about everything feels so long ago haha. I won't go into specifics but you let such a big heart in so many ways. All I wish for you is happiness. You are hands down one of the most talented players in SC2, just fun and big things will continue to come career wise. Other than that remain to be the sweet loving guy you are, you deserve so much in restitution for that.

Dario, I would say our biggest moment together was away that fast food restaurant in winter when I had no winter clothing. Even tho I felt I didn't love you good at all then, I could see that you had such a genial heart. Over the final year as a soul you have grown so often and matured more then most would over 5 years. You had a rocky time with a lot of things, not just with your injury. Just concentrate on up and continuing to develop and you take the potentiality to be great, and not only in gaming. No matter what I'll ever be there if you need to speak or take advice. You have grown so often but yet make so much farther to go before you get what you truly deserve. Go for the better and you will reach/accomplish more so you expect.

Jon, you remind me of my little brother so much (you know why). Living with you complete the final 8 months I don't suppose I could take asked for a better roommate despite your obvious huge roommate flaws hahah ^^;. You are good you, and give nothing back. You would do anything for anybody (even a perfect stranger) just because that's how nice of a guy you are. Despite both our stubbornness, you have had the biggest influence on my game over the final year. More importantly you have led by example what it way to be a skilful man being. You have helped me so often on so many things I can't even count, you get in many ways been a second parent to me in Korea, and I trust to remain in close contact with you there. Be more selfish! Not merely are you too generous but you're making me/mc/hero pay for it by making us fat with all the food you buy! ^.^; Haha all joking aside, just trust yourself more, stick to your guns, and be more outspoken about your opinions on everything.

Sheth, I can't really say much we only met but its already known that you are one of the most manner guys in the biz. Don't be afraid to be yourself, the right and the bad. Your bid is already amazing and if you recognize yourself well enough to get into the right environment that will assist you be the better you can be (TL is large for being able to do this I can vouch haha), Lim Yo Hwan will work with a mouse pad signed by you instead of the former way around.

Victor, you have been a capital manager, coach, leader, and lastly friend. The stage of ease I got from Team Liquid knowing no matter what, everything was passing to be taken charge of, was so important to me as a mortal and player. It still amazes me how much dedication you present as a tutor and a fan, religiously watching all of our games even if they are on at ridiculously horrible hours. Reviewing replays, tuning build orders, and just generally being such a strategical mastermind lol. While all the while having the tedious job of running TL/LP. I don't recognize how you made such a large team in such a little measure of sentence from basically scratch.Your instincts and mind are on a whole other level compared to everyone else.

As often as every extremity of Swimming has great qualities you are a manifestation of those strengths and pick members based on them. As a friend I will never leave the feelings I've had ended the last month and how much strain it put on both of us. The morn I went to play soccer and you conceded on that thing based on friendship and not business, I teared up and felt terrible.

I truly don't love what to say other so that I mean you love what I think and see how often I know and value you. Give thanks to Melissa and your home as good for being so nice. Melissa is everything I would require in apartner if I would be as prosperous as you some day to receive such a sweet girl. Your home is as raw, real, and as decent as Team Liquid, I think that's why Liquid feels more like a family instead of a team because it mirrors your own! I'm not going to lie, I want you would find somebody to help carry more of the essence of TL/LP for you, as firmly as that might be for you. I would wish to see you expend more time with yourfriends, family, and loved ones. And perhaps a pro-gaming return would be nice too even though you're way to old, slow, and your blink stalker micro is horrendous! (Hayder's age is a matter of question and myth so don't use that as an argument !)

Mat, you haven't been happy about the position in the final month, and said some things that I want you hadn't. I guess I see how seeing me go is making it difficult for you to say the things you truly feel, and you're only trying to to cope with it in your own way. What you get done for all of us and even TL/ESPORTS on a broader scale is unmatched, your generosity meets no ends and you're willing to return anything to serve out; even to a fault.

I trust in the end we can even speak and get along, at this point that's what truly matters to me. And I care I would have won GSL so I could have shout outed to you and Pia to want you a happy wedding. Either way I'm sad but I trust some day you can forgive me for leaving.

R1CH, thanks for not simply being a wonderful champion and dealings with a simpleton when it comes to computers but likewise a badass friend and laying low the law clip to time on TeamLiquid.net.

Ken, I believe you so often it actually is a huge profit that there are ppl like you in ESPORTS. I'm going to lose your trollish antics, photo bombing, and universal good humor.

Riptide, you had such a difficult job for such little appreciation! I'm sorry I was primitive or cold at times. And sad I was hard as well, I appreciate all that you did though and need only the best for you.

Robin! You're weak as jack and I'll ever be better so you at football and wrestling despite our huge weight difference!. hheh ^^ Thanks for being such a tame, easy going, fun loving guy. You're so well at your job and I'm sorry I lost WCG to put it all to nothing ;o. I regard you so much more after that dinner where we talked about life, your quote, and about of your outlooks on life. I promise you can have a good prosperous life for yourself, you definitely get what it takes and deserve it.

Plexa we haven't had that much personal interaction but you're the case of someone that made ESPORTS what it is today. Despite so many hardships and problems in your life, you always made sacrifices to bring to what you loved.


Thanks to oGs for making my rest in Korea as pleasant as possible. I couldn't conceive of a better team to join, by far it is the best pro house in Korea not merely by living standards but based on the masses in the mansion as well. I can't write so often for every person simply because I'm super tired/exhausted but I will preserve it light and sweet:

MC, thanks for existence a big friend, my daddy, rival, annoyance, and generally nice guy. I know your robust personality even if it can be annoying at times and I desire you remain focused so you can continue to win as many tournaments as possible and tie your wonderful gf. swaga~

Hero, welcome to Liquid! I know your grueling work ethic and your bottomless stomach haha. Also from sentence to clock you break out the most gosu English joke with extreme wit.

Inca, I'm never going to leave the fun we had at Dreamhack that winter even though I don't think most of it haha. You're such a chill/cool handsome guy, I cant remember once seeing you aggravated or angry.

Vines, keep fighting and running hard and you will do better, until then i desire I can give you well until I give the oGs house haha

Cezanne, it breaks my heart every sentence you suffer in the qualifier, you're like a big bear I only need to hug you to death; you're so nice. EAT

Jookto, JOOKTO DO IT!!
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Zenio, I'm sad you moved out of the oGs house but I believe it suits you better life at home so I am glad that your spirit has improved. Stay focused, you are a top three Zerg in Korea for a long time in my eyes, just keep at it.

Changho, hihi funny guy, you're like the class clown of the house haha. Always in good spirits. You are also an amazing Zerg who just hasn't broken through yet, keep fighting and the results will come.

TheWind hyung~~ I'm sorry I left your b-day present at my hotel in Cali TT it was a very cute gift. I love you wanted gold so I got chocolate coins wrapped in gold foil haha. Instead I guess I will buy you dinner sometime. Thanks for being so patient and accepting of me and Liquid. you are such a hard worker and yet withal a serious player ^^;;

TOP, if MC is my daddy, you are undoubtedly my mommy hah.

Supernova, how often i hate everything about u. hahah jk. Some day if I get decent money I will buy you a shower with a dance club in it so you can stop bringing your stupid phone that causes me more pain than you know. Delete your twitter asap.

Gon, thanks for helping me and everyone out so often for so small in return. I hope army goes well for you and you receive your way in spirit and have a lot of money haha! Maybe then my money = your money

Stc, hihi crazy guy you were so good spell in army I can't wait until you get your home now that you are playing full time. Thanks for making me appear not that bad, it's courteous to have someone else who brings excitement to the house.

Nada! I edited this good for you cute guy. I recognise you're going to drop me hitting on your gf and smell your hair, and all those other awkward yet funny moments we had together. GL in ro16, I will be waiting for you there my friend.

Spunky hey lol. Thanks for everything man idk what to else to say also that really. Between you and Victor you actually have put us in the best possible site to get good pro-gamers. I loved how you ever wanted me to win so severe and believed that i would. Thanks for ever doing that and push me to limits, and giving me luck in GSTL. I will never leave when I missed that first Code A modifier and you were so supportive.

All former members of oGs who have total and gone. Keep fighting! I know it's hard to try to be a pro-gamer with so much loss on in your lives like school, financial trouble, or family problems; really give life your all and effective things will finally come.


Thanks to all my friends and family who have supported me so often over the end year, it drives me to do so much more than I would on my own.

A HUGE thanks to my fans, I have so often to try to do as often as I can for you guys and you guys return that 10x every time. I dont believe there are any more die-hard fans then HuK fans, when i look at your art, blogs, pics, tweets, gifts, candy, etc. EVERYTHING, it makes me so glad to live that people are there to aid me on the way and truly do appreciate me as a player.

THANK YOU



In then end I simply need the better for everyone including myself. When I was stressful to determine whether to continue with Liquid, or join EG, my biggest concern was that if I stayed with Liquid, I would regret it for job reasons. But now, even though I'm confident in my determination to join EG on a line level, I care that I will end up regretting it on a personal level, because I will miss everyone so much. I like all the better for TL, staff, team, and members wholeheartedly. Everyone that is a fan of"Liquid`HuK" I trust will proceed to be a fan of 'Swimming' and 'HuK' when i move to EG.

I suffer so much more I could say but I'm very tired. my schedule has been hectic so I haven't had as much time as I would need to publish this properly but all the like I desire you appreciate it especially since I get to meet Code S tomorrow.

I've been upset more by losses of late because I wanted to go out of Swimming with a fuck and win another tournament for you guys. I only trust that you all know exactly how often I fear for all of you because I truly wish for all of you so much, even if i get off as difficult some times.

Wish me luck and as ever I will extend to keep chasing the dream~~~ fighting!! ^^;;

- Liquid`HuK

No comments:

Post a Comment